Are you suffering from itchy skin that has scaly patches?
Well, you may have psoriasis.
If it is true, then you will need regular treatment to keep your psoriasis under control. You should consult a dermatologist and other specialists.
We have seen that many people in Mysore face complications related to psoriasis. As a result, they search for the best hair and skin care center in Mysore for their treatment.
Psoriasis may appear in your sensitive body parts, such as your genitals. Consequently, it is necessary to find a skin specialist Mysore with whom you feel it easy to talk about this. Here we are providing some suggestions for finding the best psoriasis treatment in Mysore.
Psoriasis is a skin condition that causes red, itching, scaly patches on your knees, elbows, trunk, and scalp, along with other body parts.
It goes through periods— the flare-ups last a few weeks or even months, then they start to fade or head towards recovery. There are medications available to help you in treating your symptoms.
So, how can you identify that you have psoriasis?
People with psoriasis have different symptoms. The following are some of the most typical symptoms:
- Red skin patches coated with thick, silvery scales
- Spots of minor scaling mostly in children
- Continuous itching with dry and cracked skin that may bleed
- Soreness or burning due to bacterial infections
- Thick rough, and hard nails
- Inflamed and rigid Joints
Psoriasis patches can vary in size from a few tiny spots to large-scale eruptions.
You may experience flare-ups that can last a few weeks or months before subsiding or even going into recovery in case of psoriasis.
Which doctor provides psoriasis treatment in Mysore?
It is always better to visit a certified dermatologist for your psoriasis treatment. Reniu clinic, the best hair & skin treatment clinic in Mysore, provides quality treatment for psoriasis. Our expert dermatologist has years of experience in treating psoriasis.
How can you find a psoriasis specialist in Mysore?
You can make an appointment with your family physician in the beginning. Your family doctor will examine your overall health and search for other psoriasis-related conditions. If you do not know any psoriasis specialist, then your doctor will suggest a specialist for you. You can get a referral for the followings-
Dermatologist: Your dermatologist will take care of the rest of the psoriasis treatment. If your child has psoriasis, you must take him or her to a pediatric dermatologist.
Rheumatologist: Rheumatologists are doctors who specialize in the treatment of arthritis. They can help with any psoriasis-related joint pain, which is known as psoriatic arthritis.
Physiotherapist: A physiotherapist helps you with your physical problems. They can also help you to prevent or relieve psoriatic arthritis pain.
So, when will you need to visit a doctor?
Consult our skin specialist in Mysore if you experience any of the following symptoms –
- When the problem becomes severe.
- It will irritate and hurt you.
- It will make you self-conscious about your skin’s appearance
- You will face joint issues like discomfort, swelling, and the inability to perform everyday activities.
- Over-the-counter treatment is not making any difference.
What should you ask your doctor?
In your first appointment, you should try to understand your doctor’s ability. You need to find a doctor who is well-versed in psoriasis. Here is a list of questions:
- How many psoriasis patients your doctor see each month?
- What is the success rate of treatment provided by your doctor?
- How long will it take to complete the treatment?
- Are there any side effects of psoriasis treatment?
Your doctor can also ask you a series of questions.
Psoriasis can lead to a variety of physical and mental health issues. Your doctor will want to know the following to provide you with the best treatment:
- How much does psoriasis interfere with your everyday activities?
- Do you suffer from depression or anxiety?
- Are you frequently exhausted?
- Do you find it challenging to use your feet and hands?
- Do you suffer from joint pain?
- How well can you have proper sleep?
- Have your conditions improved or worsened after having over-the-counter treatment?